Finance and credit can be tricky subjects, with lots of information to process. Here are some common questions, comments, and concerns that we hear from our producers. If you have any new questions or would like some more information about finance and credit opportunities at CHS Southwest Grain please contact our Finance and Credit staff.
- Besides my identifying information such as my name, address, and date of birth, what other information is needed to apply for an input or feed loan?
- An applicant will need to complete the financial information portion of the application or submit a copy of the most recent balance sheet. In addition to that, we will need your crop plan or livestock production plan for the year.
- What is my rate going to be on my crop/feed loan?
- When CHS Capital receives an application, they assess a score to the application. The score is based on the individual’s credit score, balance sheet information, and loan-to-value on the crop or livestock. Applicants with higher scores will have the opportunity to take advantage of the lower interest rates. Please contact your local SWG retailer to learn more about interest rates and potential interest buy-downs that can be offered.
- If I am approved for a loan, what can the funds be used for?
- Loan funds can be used for any purchase through CHS Southwest Grain. This can include, but not be limited to: feed, chemical, fertilizer, services (such as application), and fuel.
- If I get a loan, will I still be able to take advantage of cash discounts?
- Yes. You will still be applicable for cash discounts when using a loan.